Brooklyn Park, MN
Job Number: 6001-CC
Our client in the manufacturing industry is seeking Senior Payroll Specialist on a temp to hire basis. This person is responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions in preparation, distribution, and reporting of payroll, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Complete payroll activities for assigned locations. Maintain data integrity in the HRIS.
- Manage portions of the UltiPro system including setting up and reporting on general ledger, new system integrations, system enhancements, troubleshooting issues, responding to report requests.
- Maintain payroll compliance with company policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Manage the garnishment process including providing data for agencies as needed. Track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deduction and ensure timely distribution of garnishment checks.
- Prepare quarterly payroll tax reporting and research and resolve payroll/tax reporting issues.
- Participate and perform period end activities. Work directly with external auditors as needed to provide any payroll related information as it relates to completion of audit procedures.
- Manage UltiPro Time Management component of HRIS including troubleshooting issues, Provide support documentation and development of payroll policies. Research ways to improve processes and minimize expenses through application of laws and/or regulations. Recommend and/or implement continuous improvement to the payroll function and all responsibilities as it relates to this position.
- 6+ years of relevant payroll experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and payroll best practices
- Trustworthy and able to maintain and handle highly confidential data.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgement.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HR payroll systems.
- Excellent and professional verbal and written communication skills.