San Francisco, CA
Job Number: 01525-TH
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing the semi-monthly payroll. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for ensuring that all payroll checks are processed timely and accurately on a semi-monthly basis, including vacation, bonus and commission wages.
- Oversees and/or performs multi-state payroll processing functions to ensure time records are maintained; ensures pay is accurately calculated and proper deductions are made; and is responsible for functions relating to check preparation and distribution as scheduled. Processes employee time cards ensuring information is accurate and complete.
- Manage and oversee proper commission calculations for management teams based on gross revenues on a semi-monthly and monthly period.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by entering new hires, maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc.
- Deducts insurance premiums, 401(k) contributions, and other voluntary benefits from employee paychecks as necessary.
- Ensures that all garnishments, SDI's and all other third party wage assignments are expedited in accordance with written instructions.
- Calculate and prepare retroactive pay and payroll discrepancies based on information provided by Human Resources or the department as applicable, in a timely manner.
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave, and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements.
- Process payroll documents in accordance with existing policies and procedures, provincial legislations, and generally accepted practices.
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, garnishments and insurance for all manual checks.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts for upper management.
- Monthly reporting such as BLS, multi-state jurisdictions, etc.
- Prepare General Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Apts 11A, ISM Reports, reports to submit to accounting for processing.
- Process year-end vacation cash out and Bonus Batches.
- Maintain close communications with Human Resources Generalist to keep current on all employee changes to payroll administration.
- Processes and distributes paper checks.
- •nswers employee questions about, taxes and payroll.
- Keeps logs and records of processed payrolls for reference.
- Retrieves payroll records for audits and other necessary purposes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Stays current on payroll compliance and tax laws.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; Noise level is moderate;
- Very limited exposure to physical risk or very limited physical effort required; Sitting for prolonged periods;
- Lifting items 20 lbs. or less occasionally (current accommodations for lifting due to medical necessity);
- Bending or stooping occasionally;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Finance, Accounting, or other similar degree.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience for a multi-state employer with multiple locations.
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system - ADP Workforce Now and ADP EZ Labor knowledge a must. Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements. Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion. Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines. Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office) and working knowledge of the Internet. Demonstrates good judgment; approachable and professional; solid problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; self-motivated; well organized.