East Los Angeles, CA
$80,000.00 - $100,000.00
Job Number: 1976-TH
The HR Manager will spearhead the Facility’s efforts to create and maintain a positive and productive culture, ensuring that the HR function is proactively anticipating and responding to the needs of our employees, while supporting and advancing organizational goals as a strategic business partner.
- Partner to understand business objectives and identify corresponding human resource needs; develops and implements human resource strategy to support business objectives.
- Partners with Operations and other key functions to develop programs that support employee retention.
- Participate in the development of the Facility's plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on employees.
- Provides policy interpretation and ensures accurate and consistent application of all company policies and procedures, and related local, state and federal laws, and applicable collective bargaining agreement(s).
- Plans and conducts all labor relations including negotiations, grievances and arbitrations as needed to comply with collective bargaining agreements.
- Establish credibility throughout the Facility with management and employees to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the Facility.
- Assist in employee Training/Development and maintain training matrix to ensure all employees receive and complete training plans on a timely basis.
- Lead Safety Committee with monthly meetings focused on employee safety in the plant. Identify safety concerns, corrective action(s) needed with a timeline, and communicate/update plant employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred; or similar work experience required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in progressively responsible human resource roles. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in union facility.
- Advanced knowledge of California Labor Laws
- Professional in human resource (PHR) or (SPHR) preferred
- Experience in food manufacturing facility preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Spanish speaking, reading and writing a must
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) ADP and Kronos