Job Number: 2020TH
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for supporting 30 full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees by implementing, executing, enforcing, and maintaining all HR related activities including but not limited to, policy development and enforcement, HR strategy and forecasting, employee relations, full-cycle recruiting, health and safety, etc. The project will also deal with any Covid related issues (unemployment, etc.) and is slated to last for about two months. The project would be worked remotely.
- Maintain employee records performing an annual audit to ensure all necessary documents are filed or included in the employee file.
- Administer benefits and leaves of absences.
- Respond to and manage all unemployment claims
- Keep current with all legal trends in HR and advise on those trends.
- Manage benefits.
- Policy development/implementation.
- Following the latest employment law regulations, recommend, implement, and enforce policies and procedures ensuring that practices are consistent with applicable state and federal law as well as update and distribute employee handbooks as necessary.
- Comply with state and federal law during the entire employment cycle to include onboarding and off boarding procedures.
- Interpret employment laws helping managers navigate through legal risks making sure HR best practices are always applied.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources with at least 5 years of experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of both federal, state, and city law.
- Demonstrated effective application of employment law to everyday HR practices.
- Working knowledge of ADA and FMLA.
- Demonstrated ability to lead managers through complex employment situations resulting in positive results for the organization.