San Mateo, CA
Job Number: 1981-CC
Our client in the technology industry is seeking a Sr. HR Generalist to help support both strategic and tactical functions for close to 200 employees. This position will develop and administer plans and procedures to support the growing organization.
- Coordinating the annual update of the employee handbooks.
- Managing all workers compensation claims.
- Helping employees during open enrollment.
- Auditing all open enrollment changes ensuring accuracy with insurance carriers, bills, payroll and employees selections.
- Coordinating Leave of Absence with employees, payroll, and short-term disability.
- Overseeing processing of all other new hires and processing all full-time new employees, new hire paperwork, letters, benefits etc.
- Processing all employee terminations, including exit interviews, cobra assistance, benefit terms, and other paperwork.
- Answering employee questions regarding policies, benefits and procedures, etc.
- Coordinating all aspects of the health and benefits fair.
- Sending out Human Resources Newsletters with information that all employees need to have such as changes in the handbook, and information about employee events.
- Ensuring compliance with all state, federal and local laws.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- B.A. degree is required to be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in human resources.
- Human Resources Certification preferred but not required to be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent at Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proven track record at maintaining the strictest confidentiality around personnel issues.