Mount Airy, NC
Job Number: 01831-CC
Our client is seeking an HR Manager on a temp to hire basis. This position is responsible for all strategic and tactical aspects of HR to support 100 employees. Duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Coordinating the annual update of the employee handbooks.
- Managing all workers compensation claims.
- Helping employees during open enrollment.
- Coordinating Leave of Absence with employees, payroll, and short-term disability.
- Overseeing processing of all other new hires and processing all full-time new employees, new hire paperwork, letters, benefits etc.
- Processing all employee terminations, including exit interviews, cobra assistance, benefit terms, and other paperwork.
- Answering employee questions regarding policies, benefits and procedures, etc.
- Coordinating all aspects of the health and benefits fair.
- Ensuring compliance with all state, federal and local laws.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- B.A. degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in human resources.
- Human Resources Certification preferred but not required to be considered.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent at Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proven track record at maintaining the strictest confidentiality around personnel issues.