Elizabeth City, MN
Job Number: 01926-CC
Our Human Resources Recruiting Firm’s client is seeking an HR Generalist on a temp basis. This person is responsible for assisting the HR Director with tactical day to day HR Responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Contact our recruiters for this opportunity.
- Work with outsourced recruiting firm to manage the sourcing and screening process effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate and attend interviews with hiring managers, Ensure all new hires are oriented and well integrated.
- Represent the needs of the location as corporate programs are built and administered.
- Communicate relevant information from the function to the District to ensure global success and alignment.
- Coach leadership to develop and motivate employees.
- Administer compensation and benefits programs, translating them at all levels in the District, ensuring they live in the day-to-day.
- Monitor internal and external equity when hiring and transferring employees.
- Communicate benefits information and changes to employees.
- Communicate any changes or enhancements to programs.
- Play a role in open enrollment and health assessment processes.
- Administer current contract, build relationship with union using opportunities to show collaborative approach.
- Oversee progressive discipline process and documentation utilizing internal and/or external resources to focus on resolution and successful outcomes.
- Manage the termination process to assure that there are no alternative courses of action.
- Assure separation interviews are conducted and the resulting information is shared and utilized.
- Assume responsibility for compliance with state and federal employment laws. .
- Stay up to date on regulatory changes.
- Coach managers and supervisors to act in accordance with applicable regulations to minimize risk to organization and create a climate which fosters employee retention.
- Acts as liaison to the employees at the worksite for human resource issues and concerns.
- Performs benefits administration and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with the federal and state labor laws. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred but not required to be considered.
- 3 years of Human Resources work experience.
- Broad HR generalist knowledge.
- Ability to multi task with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical skills, to include all Microsoft products.