Job Number: 001523-CC
Our client is seeking a human resources generalist on a temp to hire basis. The human resource generalist is responsible for performing tactical day to day HR activities to assist the HR Manager. This position primarily carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, compliance, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administer annual open enrollment, claims resolution and change reporting.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Summary Plan Description as well as Summary of Benefits and Claims annually and communicating benefit change information to employees when required.
- Maintain affirmative action program records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Work with HR Manager to ensure company personnel policies comply with Federal and IL state law.
- Identify emerging issues or trends that indicate a need to modify policy application, change in operational guidelines or necessitate training within the management team supported.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, temporary employees including but not limited to internal/external postings, working with outside agencies, interview scheduling etc.
- Identify trends, issues and problem areas as they relate to employees and recommend solutions, new approaches, policies and procedures.
- Administer Attendance Policy and Leave Management
- Assist HR Manager in the investigation and documentation of all serious performance, conduct related infractions.
- Maintain Employee Incident File.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills with high level of flexibility and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the Company
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, maintain confidentiality and act in a diplomatic manner.
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
- Advanced Skills in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required.