Job Number: 2000-CC
Human Resources Manager
Our client is seeking an HR Generalist on a temp to hire basis. This role will be responsible for leading our Human Resource practice, maintaining policies, developing and executing training programs, and following and enforcing HR best-practices.
- Update and maintain job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Establish a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program that includes counseling managers on candidate selection.
- Conduct initial phone screenings and schedule interview candidates
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews; recommending organization changes when applicable.
- Establish and conduct orientation and training programs (new hire, management, etc.).
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 to 7 years of experience within HR.
- Ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of labor and employment laws.
- Ability to build rapport with all employees.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior marketing agency experience a plus