$61,000 – $100,000
Job Number: 01942-SB
Our Human Resources Recruiting Firm is seeking an Employee Relations Manager for a corporate client in Gainesville, Florida. The client is a health care company. The selected candidate will oversee employee relations programs and Human Resources policies for assigned departments to provide a strong employer-employee relations framework and environment. The manager will manage the process for resolution of employee (union and non-union) grievance and progressive disciplinary action. The chosen candidate will be responsible for investigating and preparing position defense response statements for EEOC, civil or regulatory agencies lawsuits for assigned departments. The candidate will maintain responsibility for interpretation of Human Resources policies, Union Contract language and applicable state and federal laws.
- Effectively administers personnel and employee relations programs in accordance with company policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements including EEO.
- Manages and executes Employee Relations matters, including investigating issues, providing coaching to employees and managers.
- Diagnoses and identifies pro-active steps to avoid recurring issues.
- Counsels and advises on the administration of specific employment laws including federal and state labor laws.
- Responsible for employee activities, employee recognition programs, annual recognition banquet and Diversity celebrations.
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Liberal Arts related field of study.
- Four years progressively responsible Human Resources experience, preferably in Employee and Labor Relations.