Mountain View, CA
Job Number: 01970-SB
The Director of Human Resources brings leadership to a growing HR team of currently 7-8 employees. This position is designed to oversee the department operations and the create policies, programs and operating procedures to strategically and tactically achieve company objectives and conduct business more efficiently while ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies. The position will ensure alignment between the customer service division, the HR team, and company practices and policies as well as drive organizational development. This company leader is positive, execution-oriented, and business results focused.
- Lead HR Team and maintain cross-functional communication with other departments.
- Conduct departmental outreach with essential departments and functions.
- Evaluate and oversee administration of benefit programs and recommend improvements.
- Direct the administration of benefit programs to include: health, workers compensation, vacation, death, disability, and unemployment
- Implement and continue to improve company strategic recruitment, selection and hiring plan
- Oversee compensation programs to ensure regulatory compliance and competitive salary levels.
- Oversee the design and development of compensation structures and programs.
- Investigate, resolve and/or coordinate grievances, workplace disputes, harassments or ethics violation and disputes.
- Evaluate procedures and technology solutions to improve human resources data management and processes.
- Champion company culture and enforce team spirit and a collaborative work environment.
- Oversee maintain ongoing HR Team reporting and scorecard system.
- Oversee and maintain company policies and procedures, including company's core values and ethics policies.
- Establish and implement HR department's short and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Ensure company stays in compliance with all HR related local, state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Oversee employee relations and performance management.
- Experience supporting a large multi-site workforce.
- Evaluate, design and manage and enforce corporate policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage organizational development plan and management training program.
- Planning and organization of company and employee events.
- Systemize employee record documentation and maintenance employee files.
- Partner with managers to ensure effective and timely transfer of information to support HR and operational needs.
- Evaluate procedures and technology solutions to improve the company’s Safety program
- Manage department currently consisting of 7 full time employees.
- BA/BS degree requires; master degree or similar advanced degree
- HR-related certifications such as HRM or SHRM highly desired
- Bilingual in Spanish desired, but not required
- Demonstrate ability to effectively lead a staff of direct reports in a dynamic work environment
- 8+ years of HR experience, at least 5 years in a leadership position
- Current working knowledge of employment law and regulations including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO/AAP, Workers
- Compensation, unemployment and labor relations and COBRA administration
- Experience with Unionized labor
- Quick learner and technically capable; ability to use technology to upgrade current processes, speedup transactions and minimize redundancy
- Successful experience with all levels of management; able to effectively build relationships by establishing trust, credibility and adding value quickly
- Strong project management capability including written and verbal communication; able to present, persuade, influence and shift perspective
- Comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments while demonstrating can-do attitude
- Has a passion for creating healthy organizations, and helping drive a strong and winning culture