$85,000 - $110,000
Job Number: 01963-CC
We are seeking a Benefits Manager on a temp to Hire Basis. The Benefits Manager will oversee the US and international benefits plans, leave of absences, benefit plan enrollments, review and provide guidance for all employee inquiries, oversee benefit eligibility determinations on mid-year qualified status changes and regulations, and review, evaluate, and implement new benefit and engagement projects.
- Provide both daily and longer term, strategic advice on all benefit-related matters
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of data for benefit enrollments, changes and termination information in the HRIS and vendor systems
- Oversee the administration of all plan vendors to resolve administration and employee issues
- Manage the company retirement plan including ongoing administration, compliance, testing, and plan review
- Manage the administration of leave of absence and third party administrator
- Ensure compliance with FMLA, PDL, CFRA, ADA, and any other applicable Federal and State mandated laws
- Review and assess efficiency of internal/external policies and processes and recommend appropriate changes
- Recommend and evaluate innovative, creative new benefit and engagement programs
- Manage and oversee the workers compensation program
- Ensure our plans are competitive and cost effective in the marketplace by analyzing current benefits compared to trends and legislated requirements, and present recommendations for changes and enhancements
- Lead the annual health and welfare benefits renewal process and open enrollment
- Evaluate and recommend updates to Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions, benefit summaries, new hire orientation and open enrollment materials, and ongoing marketing/educational materials
- Apply functional knowledge of current ERISA, IRS, DOL, COBRA, ACA and HIPAA regulations to ensure compliance of retirement, health and welfare plans
- Work closely with outside vendors
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 7+ years experience in health & welfare benefits and retirement plan administration/management required
- Detail-oriented and advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint required)
- Ability to handle employee issues with complete trust, confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to analyze issues and suggest creative solutions
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data for various projects
- Ability to deliver superior customer service in a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency with HRIS systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail and compliance mindset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills