Job Number: 2045-CC
Our client in the Manufacturing Industry is seeking a Human Resource Manager on a temp to hire basis. The HRM is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices in compliance with corporate HR policies and guidelines.
- Manage day-to-day labor/management issues, including the grievance procedure, facilitating the process with local management and the union local as well as the union international business rep.
- Direct & support hourly payroll processing (primary responsibility of the Plant Accountant)
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Perform weekly safety audits in assigned area; Attends monthly site safety training.
- Bachelor’ degree or equivalent years of experience required; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources experience in a large manufacturing environment required
- Strong experience in three or more of the following areas: human resources management, organizational
- Labor Relations & Collective Bargaining experience is required
- Handling sensitive issues with diplomacy and demonstrating respect for people from all backgrounds
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of required processes and laws for legal and corporate compliance