Job Number: 1991 TH
Our client, nationwide manufacturer & distributor of Hispanic Consumer Products is seeking a full time Human Relations (HR) Business Partner II in its consumer plant and distribution center located in Commerce, CA.
With more than $100 million in annual sales, our client manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the Hispanic Community – retail outlets, food manufacturers and food service businesses. As an employer recognized for their exceptional commitment to employees, they offer a wide variety of benefits, programs and services including, but not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and paid vacation days.
The HR Business Partner II (HRBP II) provides leadership and strategic support for our client in Commerce, CA, partnering closely with plant leaders, business leaders, and HR colleagues to ensure the continued building of a high-performance organization within the business. This HRBP consults with leaders and employees to operationalize the people strategy and provide HR partnering and solutions. Employee and management satisfaction will be achieved through clear direction-setting, development and implementation of effective change management plans, talent management plans, and strategic partnership.
- Provide HR leadership as a results focused change agent in the areas of employee engagement, employee relations, performance management, organization capability building, employee communications, policy interpretation
- Partner with Supply Chain and Commercial leaders and employees at all levels to initiate employee development programs and provide individual development and career counseling, conflict resolution, team skills, and leadership skills
- Provide insight, leadership and support for short-term and long term workforce planning using data driven analysis for exempt and non-exempt staff
- Partner with Talent Acquisition teams to ensure adequate staffing and talent needs are met
- Lead the exempt and non-exempt talent management processes to include annual salary reviews, performance management, talent reviews
- Lead HR process improvement initiatives and participate in cross-functional/cross-location special projects across the network
- Proactively champion and contribute to the development and delivery of diversity and inclusion programs
- Partner with the business to provide counsel to managers and leaders regarding employee relations issues, interpretation of employment laws and company policies and procedures. Apply judgment and creativity when drawing conclusions and developing solutions
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or a related field
- Strong understanding of applicable federal and state employment laws and government agencies (ex: FMLA, OFCCP, FLSA, EEOC, DOL, etc.)
- Critical thinking skills with proven experience translating strategies into actionable plans and successfully operationalizing action plans
- History of effectively coaching across all levels and functions, including individuals in more Senior roles than oneself
- Minimum 7 years of increasingly responsible HR experience with at least 3 years in a manufacturing plant
- Minimum 3 year experience supervising direct reports
- Fluency in Spanish and English (Bilingual)
- PHR/SPHR Certification, experience in TMP and SAP all pluses