Job Number: 1992 TH
Our client, nationwide manufacturer & distributor of Hispanic Consumer Products is seeking a full time Human Relations (HR) Business Partner I in its consumer plant and distribution center located in Commerce, CA. This position will report directly to their HR Business Partner II.
With more than $100 million in annual sales, our client manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the Hispanic Community – retail outlets, food manufacturers and food service businesses. As an employer recognized for their exceptional commitment to employees, they offer a wide variety of benefits, programs and services including, but not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and paid vacation days.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) provides leadership and support for our client's manufacturing plant and distribution center in Commerce, California, reporting to site HR Manager and partnering closely with plant leaders and HR colleagues to ensure the continued building of a high-performance work system within the facility. This HRBP consults with leaders and employees to operationalize the people strategy and provide HR partnering and solutions. Employee and management satisfaction through the development and implementation of effective employee relations, recruiting and selection processes and training programs, will be achieved.
- Provide HR leadership as a results’ focused change agent in the areas of employee engagement, recruitment, employee relations, wage/salary administration, performance management, employee communications, training/benefits and policy interpretation
- Partner with Managers, Technicians, and all other plant employees to initiate employee development programs and provide individual development and career counseling, training and development programs, conflict resolution, team skills, and leadership skills in two shift plant
- Manage and report on HR KPI’s and core data and provide insight, leadership and support for short-term and long-term workforce planning using data driven analysis for exempt and non-exempt staff
- Lead recruitment and selection activities including working with functional leaders to determine position requirements, prepare postings, participate in the screening and selection process, and provide feedback and guidance to hiring managers
- Lead the non-exempt salary review process
- Lead HR process improvement initiatives, special projects and/or trainings from start to finish
- Proactively contribute to the development and delivery of diversity and inclusion programs
- Partner with the business to provide counsel to managers and leaders regarding employee relations issues, interpretation of employment laws and company policies and procedures.
- Applies judgment and creativity when drawing conclusions and developing solutions • Interact with employees in assigned areas of responsibility to answer questions, facilitate issue resolution, improve employee morale and maintain visibility of the HR function
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or a related field
- Fluency in Spanish and English (Bilingual)
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible HR experience with at least 3 years in a manufacturing plant preferred
- Strong understanding of applicable employment laws and government agencies (FMLA, OFCCP, FLSA, EEOC, DOL, etc.)
- Critical thinking skills with proven experience translating strategies into actionable plans
- • History of effectively coaching across levels and functions, including individuals in more Senior roles than oneself
- Ability to work flexible hours across two shifts to meet business demands
- Minimum 1-year experience supervising direct reports, PHR certification preferred