Chula Vista, CA
Job Number: 01972-SB
Our client, in the aerospace industry, seeks a Human Resources Business Partner to lead the HR function for one of our value stream programs supporting HQ and manufacturing site employees located over multiple sites in North America.
- Implement strategic short and long term HR initiatives, in partnership with the senior HR and local leadership, to drive business results.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with management and employees to provide advice and counsel to both on employee-related and organizational matters, serving as an employee advocate and as a coach to employees and leaders.
- Lead all key HR processes including staffing, leadership development, compensation, talent development, performance management, and employee relations.
- Develop and execute plans for talent acquisition, development and succession planning for site.
- Drive human resource compliance and ensure standardization and consistency of application of HR and Company practices and policies.
- Effectively lead the function in a complex matrix environment, balancing competing priorities and engaging appropriate stakeholders.
- Direct employee programs designed to promote employee communications, optimize organizational effectiveness and increase employee engagement.
- Monitor performance management programs and provide support and guidance to managers / employees on performance issues and assessment tools.
- Manage an HR business partner leading a small site outside of the U.S. and effectively engage with other HR team members outside of direct reporting chain to accomplish objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable governmental regulations, EH&S policies and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- BA/BS degree in HR or related field with 5+ years of progressive HR generalist / HR Business Partner experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Fewer years of experience coupled with a Master’s degree in HR or related field will be considered.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with ability to deliver crisp messaging to all levels of organization
- Data driven decision maker with ability to mine complex information, draw conclusions independently and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement sustainable and comprehensive projects from start to finish
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively and build strong partnerships with diverse and cross functional teams
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities on a daily basis and with precision
- Strong employee relations and leadership skills. Proficient HR and general business acumen
- Team player with a continuous improvement mindset that is willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 15%
- Desire for future leadership positions of increasing responsibility and the ability to relocate with geographic flexibility is a plus