Job Number: 5012-CC
Our client is seeking a Contract HR Business Partner to Perform a variety of Human Resources, labor relations and team member relations duties including, but not limited to, hiring (both hourly and salaried), labor negotiations, arbitration and grievance coordination, researching and resolving other issues with the union, policy development and adherence, and development and administration of incentive plans.
- Directs activities related to the hiring process (both hourly and salaried positions) including recruiting (use of newspapers, radio stations, minority organizations and state agency), screening (interviewing, background checks, Job Candidate Profile, use of functional team member tests), selection, I-9 verification and new hire orientation.
- Responsible for the management, interpretation and the guidance in support of labor union employees.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers/supervisors on disciplinary and labor contract matters. Conducts investigatory meetings and disciplinary meetings with team members. Ensures supervisors are consistent in applying discipline.
- Responsible for coordinating activities related to arbitrations. Researches facts, interviews and prepares witnesses, documents investigations and meetings, coordinates with attorney, serves as a witness, drafts brief, etc. Participates in union grievances, including researching issue, documenting minutes and communicating the Company’s decisions after the meeting.
- Responsible for compliance with EEO policy. Refers situation to Corporate Human Resources for investigation and resolving discrimination and harassment complaints (both internal and external). Ensures Company is in compliance with Affirmative Action Plan, including tracking applicants, new hires, promotions, and terminations, use of minority recruiting sources, executing action oriented programs, etc. Coordinates EEO training as appropriate.
- Oversees a variety of Human Resources administrative functions .
- 5-10 years’ of experience working in a Human Resources Capacity.
- Experience in a Union environment.
- Knowledge of unions and their operations.
- In-depth knowledge of employment policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent at Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience using an HRIS system is highly desired.