Job Number: 5091-AU
Our client in the Food Manufacturing industry has an opening for a Complex Human Resources Manager. This position supports a large food manufacturing complex in Central California. The Complex HR Manager is a business partner with a goal to improve the effectiveness and business results of the operation of the Manufacturing Facility. The Manager provides HR services to approximately 500 hourly union employees, and 80 office staff employees. Duties Include but are not limited to,
- Responsible for leading organizational development and training.
- Serve as expert resource, coach, and mentor on human resource issues and concerns, including interpretation and application of HR policy and procedures.
- Delivery of effective recruitment processes, including new hire on-boarding, workplace orientation and training as appropriate to position and duties.
- Manage benefit programs such Sick Leave, FMLA, Vacation, Holiday, 401K etc.
- Responsible for developing or implementing Human Resources training for Company Plant Managers and Supervisors.
- Responsible for Management, Guidance and support of both Employee Relations and Labor Relations.
- Responsible for compliance with EEO policy and ensures Company is in compliance with Affirmative Action Plan, including tracking applicants, new hires, promotions, and terminations.
- Oversees a variety of Human Resources functions including performance management and employee communications.
- Leads the safety program and trainings which includes: safety committee meetings and organizing employee safety training.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or closely related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 - 10 years in a Human Resources Leadership role with experience in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- PHR or SPHR desired, but not required to be considered.
- Expert Knowledge with California Labor Laws.
- Fortune 100 Human Resources experience is highly desired.
- Successful candidates will have strong leadership skills as well as demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of employees.
- Must have solid communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), be an active listener, customer-focused, and demonstrate unquestionable ethics and values.